Topic of the Week
Racial Discrimination at Work
Blog of the Week
Striking Alabama Coal Miners Want Their $1.1 Billion Back
History repeated itself as hundreds of miners spilled out of buses in June and July to leaflet the Manhattan offices of asset manager BlackRock, the largest shareholder in the mining company Warrior Met Coal.
Thought for the Week
"Decades of exclusion and discrimination have limited job opportunities, promotions and wealth generation for Black and Hispanic workers. That means that many of our coworkers
are not getting a fair shake."
–Jessica Guynn and Jayme Fraser | USA Today
List of the Week
from My Perfect Resume
- 79% of individuals say that they have experienced or witnessed bullying at work
- 47% of workers have quit a job due to bullying
- 66% of women say they have felt regularly undermined or picked on at work
Top Five News Headlines
- Employers In A Pinch As Workers Say, ‘Take This Job And Shove It’
- Strategies For Getting The Job You Really Want
- 16 million people 65 and older will be in the workforce by 2030. These are the best and worst states for them to work and live
- More than a third of jobless Americans are still long-term unemployed — and without benefits
- Email Distribution of Workplace Notices Finally a Go!